Sunday, July 20, 2008

Still breathing, barely

Still breathing but barely. I have been super sick the last week, and haven't had much to report. I was so excited to see The Dark Knight. I had tickets to see it on Wednesday for a premiere. But that's the day I started feeling shitty. I tried so hard to feel better that day, but ended up over the toilet most of the day. It was awful. Now I have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday when I have time to go. Ugh.

Tons of rain the last few weeks have left everything a muddy mess. We got some temporary panels up at the head of her old stall, it's a bit higher ground. So at least she's not as muddy. Icky. I love the rain, but I need a break sometimes.

This picture was after 5 minutes of rain:
Swim pony swim! It's been a mess. And of course when you have rain here, you have frogs and tarantulas. Both of which have startled me. The frogs are tolerable. Just make sure the dogs go out before dark, and they go out one at a time after dark, and only with supervision. Last summer Madison got ahold of a frog. It was scary. Nothing came of it, we got her rinsed in time, but I know people who have had dogs who have been poisoned by them. No fun.

The tarantula's on the other hand. Ew. I hate them. With a passion. Usually Gary scoops them up and puts them on the other side of the yard, because Lily likes to play with them. I had the goats in the backyard, and he needed me to get them out front. While I was doing that, the big, mammoth, hairy abnormality came after him. He was just standing on the porch keeping an eye on it, and it came after him quickly. By the time I got the goats out front, it was on the porch and still coming at him. So we lost a tarantula that night. It kept climbing up the shovel and everything. Pretty aggressive. Never had that happen before. Kind of creepy. Then the other night I was thinking to myself, man I haven't seen one since the first one. And of course, I had the back light on, but couldn't see the side of the yard. Out of the dark came Aragog. I just hate them. They are hairy, their leg's move in different directions at different times, they just aren't normal. At all.

I can't wait for the fall.

I actually sat on Dream the other day. I was pretty mad that the saddle broke. It seems like everything is working against us here. So, I was brushing her, moping, and everything. She was being calm, eating her hay, not paying me any mind. So, I pushed her up alongside the panels, no helmet, no saddle, nobody home. Yeah, I was pretty damn smart that day. ;) Kids, don't try this at home. But anyway, I climbed up on the panels, and draped over her back. She didn't flinch, so I slid myself on her, and just sat there. She lifted her head and sort of looked around. Then she dropped her head, and I thought oh lord, here we go. But she just grabbed another bite of hay, and that was that. I slid off her after that, but I wa so excited. That's totally progress. No stress from her.

That's about it for now. I've gotta get in and muck out her mud tomorrow. So maybe Tuesday after my orthodontist appt. I will have more to report. Otherwise, nothing until Wednesday. (Stay away tropical storm whoever you are in the gulf)

3 comments:

Redsmom said...

Hey there! Love your blog. I'm putting up to a link to it on mine. Thanks for your support on the other site. It only took 42 pages for dumbhead to figure out who FHOTD is. Der!!! I'm adding lots of pictures to my blog cause its so easy to do on blogger - upload directly frm the computer instead of having t go to photobucket first. Fun!! I like to write - did NaNoWriMo a couple of years ago. I also paint and draw. Haven't had much time for creativity lately. I have a 10 year old daughter and the hroses, etc. TTFN!!

Redsmom said...

A further comment on the weather. I'm in South Louisiana - I lived in Albuquerque for 10 months one time. I missed the rain when I lived there - and the grass and the trees. Its pretty darn hot and humid here, but I feel you arid Arizona pain.

Unknown said...

Well well well......