Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Before I go out

I thought perhaps I will do a before and after here. I finally, after 2 weeks, got my girth extensions. Ms. Fatty McFat-Fat will be started. A bit of chunk won't stop me. My right knee has really been bothering me. I am worried about it, but I am in denial right now. As long as I don't go get it checked out, nothing is wrong. ;) I got this routine down this time.

The weather for the day is supposed to be HOT. Hot hot hot. I hate the heat. You will see that a lot. The heat and the sun are the bane of my existence. I think that's actually part of the reason I write. It keeps me indoors, and away from the evilness of the heat. I hate Arizona altogether. It's hot, dry, dusty, dirty, and so damn brown. And the dry heat, I LAUGH at the dry heat. There is nothing dry about the heat right now. I am running my evaporative cooler right now, and it's basically shooting out hot, wet air. Dry my ass. I wouldn't mind living somewhere humid, as long as it rained and there was green-ness around. Something to show for the miserable conditions.


So, back to the retraining of the beast. Something a lot of people do that calms horses down when they are working with them is singing. Now, my last OTTB politely told me to keep my trap shut. He would have none of that noise I thought was singing. How rude right? Well, I think that could be where a lot of my creative writing juices began to flow. I would tell elaborate stories as I was tacking up, and riding. He didn't mind me talking, as long as I promised not to try to carry a tune. I can live with that. It helps me get stories going, and it helps me work on the ones I have already in the works. It helps me to hear things outloud when I right, so I know how it will sound to the reader, and this is one way to do it. Sure beats trying to read out loud alone, someone might walk in and know I was crazy. ;)

My new story is eh. I have a basic outline written. Just things I saw in the dream, plus an opening scene. I might use the opening scene as a prologue, and then start the story before the events happen. I hate starting a new story. The beginnings always suck. Blah.

Well, I have stalled long enough. Better get out there before it gets TOO hot. The plan today is to brush her really well, tack her up, and TRY to get on. I don't have a mounting block, and I never realized how high it is to mount a 17h horse. I am hoping she does well enough to tolerate her bath afterward. That's gonna be a show I bet. I will post when I'm done, how things went.

Wish me luck.

No comments: